- A valid Rosemont ID is one’s library card. Students must have it with them to borrow materials.
- There is no limit to the number of circulating books that can be borrowed. Lending period for books and CDS is three weeks: renewals are requested via email@example.com, library X 2271, or in person.
- Periodicals and reference books do not circulate.
- To access databases off campus, please use your Rosemont email and password to login.
- Students may borrow up to three DVDs. Lending period for DVDs is one week: there are no renewals.
- There is a $1.00 per item service for DVDs, CDs, or books that are returned late, and a $50.00 charge for any item not returned. At the discretion of the borrower, one may replace the lost item in kind or pay the $50.00 replacement fee.
- If borrowers have fines that have not been addressed, they will be barred from borrowing materials from the library after sufficient notification. Prior to pre-registration, a list of borrowers’ outstanding fines is sent to the Registrar’s office and they will not be allowed to pre-register for classes until the fines are paid and/or the materials returned or replaced.
- We ask that you respect others’ need for quiet by speaking in a low voice. Please silence cell phones.
- The computers in the Information Commons are provided for research. Students doing research take precedence over those accessing e-mail, etc. If there is an academic need for computers, you will be requested to vacate the station.
- Documents and/or research to the library computers should not be saved either in the Information Commons and/or the Learning Commons (Computer lab on the ground floor). Please be aware that these computers are cleaned of excess items on a regular basis, so anything saved will be deleted.
- When printing an article or document, you may print one copy. If additional copies are needed, you should use the copy machines on the ground floor to make copies at $.15 per page.
- Food and drink are allowed in the Café area of the Kistler Library.
- Food and drink are never allowed in the computer areas.
Interlibrary Loan: Books and journal articles not available through GKML can be obtained through Interlibrary Loan (ILL) by submitting a request here.
Please return all ILL books to the circulation desk. ILL articles are yours to keep. Renewal requests should be made three days prior to the book's due date as listed on the yellow book slip. Overdue books incur fees at a rate of $1.00 a day. Please call the ILL staff with questions or concerns at 610-527-0200 ext: 2276 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.