Internships allow students to build skills in a professional environment. Students must complete a set amount of hours performing assigned tasks and observing their chosen profession's dynamics. Internships offer students the opportunity to experience an occupation before committing to that career. Students can apply the theories and practical skills they learn in the classroom to internships.
The College encourages every student to at least consider taking an internship as part of the Rosemont experiential learning component. Information on credit and non-credit internships is available in the Office of Post Graduate Success.
Full semester internships are student-initiated and can be arranged for qualified students in most disciplines with the approval of the faculty member in that field. Students should seek information from their advisors or the Office of Post Graduate Success.
SIGNIFICANT CRITERIA FOR INTERNSHIPS INCLUDE:
- The student must apply for internship credits in a timely manner, completing the forms available in the Office of Post Graduate Success by the end of drop/add period.
- The application must include a detailed description of the terms of the internship and evaluative procedure to be used during the semester.
- The student must spend a minimum of thirty two hours at the internship site for every academic credit they receive. Every student must have an on-site sponsor who takes responsibility for teaching the student, avoiding merely routine tasks.
- The Office of Post Graduate Success will assist the faculty advisor in monitoring and evaluating the internship, visiting the site where feasible.
- The student will keep a journal, write papers, or perform other reflective written assignments, as directed by their academic advisor. These assignments are not necessarily the student's only obligation for the course.
- There will be an evaluation form for the student and the supervisor as part of the internship experience.
Credits for internships will be determined by the department based on duration and academic merit of the internship.
- Waynesboro Country Club - Marketing -Internship
- Target - Assistant Manager Internship
- AYS Sports Marketing - Sales Associate Internship
- Main Line Art Center - Exhibition Internship
- Main Line Art Center - Marketing / PR Internship
- GlaxoSmithKline - Intern/Scientific Student Work - Summer
- GlaxoSmithKline - Intern/Vaccine Brand Insights - Summer
- West - Internship - Scientific Communications
- Tosoh - Bioscience Summer Internship
- The Mason & Hanger Group - Summer Accounting Intern
- WAWA - Finance Planning and Analysis Intern
- SAP - Summer Intern - Finance
- NFL - Public Relations Intern
- Philadelphia Eagles - Public Relations Intern
- SEI Investments - Business and Quality Analyst - Summer
- BNY Mellon - Entry Level Fund Accountant
- Brightview - Finance Internship
- PRG Real Estate - Accounting Intern
- PJM Interconnection - Summer - Analyst Intern
- CBRE - Research Analyst Intern
- Dechert - Marketing and Business Development Intern
- CMI Media - Public Relations & Corporate Communications
- Comcast Spectacor - Flyers Public Relations Intern
- National Constitution Center - Public Relations Intern
- CMI - Summer Intern
- Turn5 - SEO Marketing Intern
- Comcast Spotlight - Multicultural Marketing Intern
- Teleflex - Communications Summer Intern 2018
- Chubb - Marketing & Communications Intern
- DeLage Landen - Marketing Communications Internship
- Comcast - Brand Marketing Internship
- TD Bank - Consumer Banking Internship Program
- CBIZ - Actuary Intern - Summer
- The Mason & Hanger Group - General Ledger - Summer
- Renaissance - Design Internship
- Philadelphia Union - Graphic Design Intern
- CBS Corporation - Internship - Creative Services
- Allegiant Connections - Full-time Paid Marketing Internship
- Philadelphia Phillies - Post-Graduate Sales Internship
- Aetna - 2018 Summer Associate Program
- City of Philadelphia - Mayor's Internship Program
- Rocksteady Promotions - Marketing Communications and Public Relations Internship
- Royal Solutions - Marketing Internship - Summer 2018
- Myrmidon Group Inc.-Marketing & Business Communication
- Envestnet - Intern - EIOC Marketing Associate 1
- Enterprise Holdings - Management Trainee Intern Summer