Internships allow students to build skills in a professional environment. Students must complete a set amount of hours performing assigned tasks and observing their chosen profession's dynamics. Internships offer students the opportunity to experience an occupation before committing to that career. Students can apply the theories and practical skills they learn in the classroom to internships.
The College encourages every student to at least consider taking an internship as part of the Rosemont experiential learning component. Information on credit and non-credit internships is available in the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success.
Full semester internships are student-initiated and can be arranged for qualified students in most disciplines with the approval of the faculty member in that field. Students should seek information from their advisors or the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success.
SIGNIFICANT CRITERIA FOR INTERNSHIPS INCLUDE:
- The student must apply for internship credits in a timely manner, completing the forms available in the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success by the end of drop/add period.
- The application must include a detailed description of the terms of the internship and evaluative procedure to be used during the semester.
- The student must spend a minimum of thirty two hours at the internship site for every academic credit they receive. Every student must have an on-site sponsor who takes responsibility for teaching the student, avoiding merely routine tasks.
- The Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success will assist the faculty advisor in monitoring and evaluating the internship, visiting the site where feasible.
- The student will keep a journal, write papers, or perform other reflective written assignments, as directed by their academic advisor. These assignments are not necessarily the student's only obligation for the course.
- There will be an evaluation form for the student and the supervisor as part of the internship experience.
Credits for internships will be determined by the department based on duration and academic merit of the internship.
Internship requirements vary by major as follows:
|Accounting, B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Biology, B.A.||BIO-0460||3 credits|
|Business, (all tracks), B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Chemistry, B.A.||CHE-0460||3 credits|
|Communication, B.A.||COM-0495||3 credits|
|Education, B.S.||EDU-0455||6 - 12 credits|
|English, B.A.||ENG-0420||0 - 3 credits|
|*History, B.A.||HIS-0482||No internship requirement|
|History of Art, B.A.||ARH-0480||1 - 6 credits|
|*Mathematics, B.A.||ECR-0405||No internship requirement|
|*Philosophy, B.A.||PHI-0485||No internship requirement|
|Political Science, B.A.||PSC-0455||3 credits|
|Psychology, B.A.||PSY-0461||3 credits|
|Theology & Religious Studies, B.A.||RST-0480||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.A.||SOC-0455||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.S.||SOC-0455||9 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.F.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|0 credit internship||ECR-0400||0 credit|
|Elective Credit Experiential Learning||ECR-0405||1 - 12 credits|
*No internship required for major. Student must complete an experiential learning requirement (Internship, Study Abroad, Service Learning or Research).
More Info Coming soon.
Tamani Smalls - Internship with Norristown Police Department
I applied for an Internship with the Norristown Police Department during the Career Fair. I was so eager to start an internship and followed up with the Police Department. They called me in for an interview. After the interview I was really anxious about it. The Norristown Police Department then called me and said I got the internship. I was super excited. I did the internship over the summer and had a phenomenal experience.
Do you know of an Internship opportunity or would you like to share a previous internship experience? Please contact us at email@example.com
- Comcast - Summer 2019 Finance Internship Program
- NBC Universal - Spring 2019 Internship
- SAP - Finance Summer Intern
- Federal Bureau of Investigation - Honors Internship Program
- PECO - 2019 Summer College Internship
- Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies - 2019 Supply Chain Summer Intern
- Campaign for Working Families - Resource Builder Intern Spring 2019
- Amtrak - Finance Intern Summer 2019
- Vanguard - Financial Advisor Development Program
- Dupont - 2019 Financial Analysis Summer Internship
- CBIZ - Audit Intern Spring 2019
- Dupont - Accounting / Finance Field Program
- Dupont - 2019 Accounting Summer Internship
- Enterprise - 2019 Summer Accounting Internship
- TE Connectivity - Tax Co-Op - Spring 2019
- Siemens - Finance Leadership Development Internship
- Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Development Program
- Vanguard - College to Corporate Internship
- TD Bank - 2019 Finance Summer Internship
- Aramark - Accelerate to Leadership Program 2019 - Finance
- Aramark - Step Up to Leadership Internship 2019 - Marketing and Sales
- Baker Tilly - Financial Advisory Services - Summer 2019 Internship
- Energy Transfer Family of Partnerships - Accounting Intern Summer 2019
- Citrin Cooperman - Tax Interns Spring 2019
- SEI - Advisor Network Sales - 2019 Summer Intern
- ABA2DAY Behavior Services - Spring and Summer Internships
- Amtrak - Environment and Sustainability Intern
- Merck - 2019 MRL Pharmacology Intern
- Philadelphia Media Network - Newsroom Internship Spring 2019
- Geo Blue - Marketing Intern
- Philadelphia Soul - Communications & Public Relations Internship Spring 2019
- Villa - Internship Program
- ReminderMedia - Graphic Design Internship
- Kingstree Group - Marketing Intern
- Main Line Art Center - Exhibitions Intern
- Procter & Gamble - Sales Internship
- Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation - Spring 2019 Human Resources Internship
- City of Philadelphia - Communications and Event Planning Intern
- Kimmel Center - Marketing Internship
- The Handwork Studio - Communications Intern
- Petit Jardin - Marketing and Social Media Intern
- Philadelphia Gas Works - Intern - Corporate Communications Department
- Spouting Rock Financial Partners - Marketing and Communications Intern
- Sky Consulting Group - Marketing Intern
- Johnson and Johnson - 2019 Janssen R & D BioTherapeutics Development
- Vetri - Communications Intern
- Bozzuto - Sales and Marketing Intern
- Bravo Group - Internship
- Women's Center of Montgomery County
- KYW News Radio Station
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- U.S. Postal Inspector
- DL Tax Consultants
- Lower Merion Counseling Service
- CI Solutions
- Philadelphia Defenders Association
- ABA2Day Behavior Service
- Philadelphia Mental Health Center
- Lin Group
- Campaign for Working Families
- Hidden River Arts
- Kindred Hospice