Post-Bacc Medical Program
Rosemont College’s Post Baccalaureate pre-medical program is designed to prepare students
to enter graduate or professional school programs in the health care fields. This
program serves two groups of students: career changers and/or record enhancers.
- Rosemont College provides small class sizes and individual attention by experienced professors in each of the subject areas.
- Students in the Post Baccalaureate Pre-medical program receive one-on-one advising throughout the program of study to assist you with course selection and professional school applications.
- Students who successfully complete the program will receive a letter of recommendation to include in their application to professional and /or graduate school.
- Students have the opportunity to do research with Rosemont College faculty or faculty at an affiliated institution. Students may also do volunteer work with local medical facilities.
- Rosemont College also offers a one credit MCAT Review course to all students.
All applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. It may be either a BA or a BS. Students in their final semester of a bachelor’s degree program may apply in their final semester. Their application will be pending until proof of the bachelor’s degree is received by Rosemont College.
Submit a complete application with a $50 application fee. We've provided a checklist, recommendation letter instructions and template to be sure all items are included. Rosemont College offers admission on a rolling basis. This allows students to apply at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as there are a limited number of seats available in this program.
Students whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL and earn a minimum score of 73.
COST OF PROGRAM
Tuition for those who attend full-time is $9,000 per semester (8 credits or more). If the student takes summer school courses, they will be charged on a per credit basis.
- $1,140 per credit (less than 8 credits)
- Application fee of $50.00 submitted with the completed application.
- A registration fee of $ 100 is charged for each academic year the student attends Rosemont College.
- On-Campus housing and board
Students in the Post-baccalaureate pre-medical program may also take any of the biology, math, or chemistry electives that will enhance their application to professional or graduate school. Recent changes to the MCAT may indicate that there are courses in the social Sciences and humanities that students who have not taken those courses may want to consider taking.
|COURSE #||COURSE TITLE||CREDITS|
|BIO-0150||Life Science I (Cell Biology)||3 Credits|
|BIO-0151||Life Science I Laboratory||1 Credit|
|BIO-0155||Life Science II (Organismal Biology)||3 Credits|
|BIO-0156||Life Science II Laboratory||1 Credit|
|CHE-0142||General Chemistry I||3 Credits|
|CHE-0143||General Chemistry I Laboratory||1 Credit|
|CHE-0145||General Chemistry II||3 Credits|
|CHE-0146||General Chemistry II Laboratory||1 Credit|
|CHE-0230||Organic Chemistry I||3 Credits|
|CHE-0231||Organic Chemistry I Laboratory||1 Credit|
|CHE-0235||Organic Chemistry II||3 Credits|
|CHE-0236||Organic Chemistry II Laboratory||1 Credit|
|PHY-0150||General Physics I||3 Credits|
|PHY-0151||Physics I Laboratory||1 Credit|
|PHY-0155||General Physics II||3 Credits|
|PHY-0156||Physics II Laboratory||1 Credit|
|ENC-0310||MCAT Review||1 Credit|
This program is ideal for students who have not yet taken the science courses necessary for graduate or professional school programs in medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, physician assistant or any other professional health program. Students will be able to take the necessary courses to prepare for the entrance examinations and apply to the respective programs.
In order to receive the certificate, students must take a minimum of 28 credits of the course requirements in science and related fields at Rosemont College.
- The time needed to complete the program approximates 20 months.
- Students are encouraged to take their time and move at their own pace so that they can do as well as possible in preparation for the professional examinations.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA for any courses taken at Rosemont College.
- Students should review the specific admissions requirements to the schools they will be applying in order to determine any additional requirements they should take prior to applying to those professional programs.