M.A. in Educational Leadership with PreK-12 Principal Certification
The PreK-12 Principal Certification Program is designed to prepare candidates to serve as principals or assistant principals; gain the knowledge, expertise and skills that facilitate student achievement and success; and become inspiring and effective educational leaders in their schools and communities.
This program was developed to meet the PDE Pennsylvania Inspired Leadership (PIL) Standards.
Candidates who successfully complete the course requirements, and pass the School Leaders Licensure Assessment Praxis test, will be issued a PreK-12 Principal Certificate from the PA Department of Education.
Each Course = 3 Credits
- EDU 4525 - Educational Leadership
- EDU 4528 - Standards-Aligned Curriculum & Instruction
- EDU 4590 - Classroom Assessment and Analysis
- EDU 4545 - Supervision and Evaluation
- EDU 4540 - Special Education Legal Requirements
- EDU 4536 - Finance and Resource Management
- EDU 4537 - School Law and Ethics
- EDU 4615 - Administrative Internships
Additional 6 credits (each course = 3 credits)
Candidates who successfully complete the program of studies (30 credits) will be awarded a M.A. Degree in Educational Leadership from Rosemont College.
- EDU 4595 -Action Research in Education
- EDU 4518 -Social and Political Issues in Education
Maximum of 6 credits completed within the last 5 years.