Applicants for the Master of Arts in Counseling must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, preferably with a major in psychology or a closely related discipline and a GPA of 3.0 or higher (some exceptions may apply).
- All candidates must have received a major or minor in psychology OR demonstrate evidence of a strong background in psychology that would include completion of the following such courses during an undergraduate program: Introduction to Psychology, Personality Theory, and Statistics.
- Applicants to the MA in Counseling, School Counseling program must have satisfactorily completed two college-level courses in English (composition and literature) and two college-level courses in mathematics.
- Deficiencies at the undergraduate level must be remediated before graduate admission is granted.
Formal admission to the program is granted only after all admissions materials have been received and reviewed, and all standards have been met.
To apply to the MA in Counseling program, complete the following:
- Online Application
- Submission of a Resume or CV
- Transcripts – Request that all previous undergraduate (and graduate) institutions send official transcripts to Rosemont
- Request three (3) letters of recommendation, preferably from those who can address your academic and/or professional competencies
- For applicants whose native language is not English, official copies of TOEFL scores are required
- Respond to the following three (3) admission prompts:
- In 150 words or less please share how obtaining an M.A. in Counseling from Rosemont College will help you achieve your career goals.
- The American Counseling Association defines the professional of counseling as, “A professional relationship that empowers diverse individuals, families, and groups to accomplish mental health, wellness, education, and career goals.” In 300 words or less, describe an example in which you helped facilitate a difficult interpersonal relationship. Include the skills and steps you took, how it was resolved and what you learned from the experience
- Effective counseling oftentimes requires the need to understand and respect diverse cultural backgrounds and traditions. In 150 words or less explain what that means to you and how you would address this need in your professional career.
- Personal Interview
* All written documents (resume or CV, admission prompts, letters of recommendation) must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document or PDF document to email@example.com.
Please make note of the Admission Application Deadlines for the upcoming semesters. If your fully completed application is not received by the deadline of your intended semester of enrollment, it will be considered for the following semester.
|Spring 2019 Deadline: Monday, December 10th, 2018|
|Summer 2019 Deadline: Monday, April 8th, 2019|
|Fall 2019 Deadline: Monday, August 5th, 2019|