Rosemont College Study Abroad Program
Rosemont College is excited to be traveling to Salamanca, Spain in the summer of 2018. This is a wonderful opportunity to visit overseas and learn outside the classroom. Students will be part of a small group, who will enjoy everything Spain has to offer. Students will receive credits from the University of Salamanca that will transfer over to Rosemont College. The program includes two full weeks studying and visiting different landmarks including the oldest university in Spain!
In addition to general language and culture education, students can add to their inmersion experience. Ask for more information into the Business and Medical Programs, specifically designed for students of business, economics, or international relations.
- 24 hour / 7 day on-site services of a T&E Coordinator for the duration of the program. ROSEMONT COLLEGE’S assigned point person with presence during all group activities and available 24 hours for all group needs.
- Airport transfers, pick up and drop off - airport-program site-airport
- Accommodation in SALAMANCA with Spanish families or in *residence halls
- Three meals per day, 7 days per week, plus a weekly laundry service (additional washes may be arranged with the homestay family for an extra cost).
- An orientation program in SALAMANCA consisting of an orientation meeting with a T&E representative, local area information, and a walking tour of SALAMANCA.
- Reception and Farewell dinners.
- Spanish language immersion courses at the Colegio Unamuno. Four (4) hours of immersion daily, 5 days a week (M-F) from 9am to 1pm. TOTAL 40 hours of immersion. Level of proficiency and courses to be determined upon completion of on-site placement test. All course materials included and tutoring if necessary.
- Social and cultural program including events such as visits to local museums, tapas tours, Mediterranean style cooking classes, flamenco dance lessons, walking visits to local places of interest, lectures on Spanish culture, art and/or literature, viewing of Spanish films, etc…
- One (1) Excursion will be included along with group transportation by private bus, hotel accommodations with breakfast (where applicable), and sightseeing tour of the various cities with entrances to relevant historical monuments as listed and the services of a T&E tour manager and a professional English-speaking tour guide. Following are possible locations and inclusions: SEGOVIA /AVILA –Alcazar, Avila Panoramic
- LA ALBERCA AND PENA DE FRANCIA: Visit a local village which was declared a national historical treasure and move on to a monastery at the peak of a mountain with spectacular views
- Unlimited access to computer lab with free email, printing and internet facilities.
- Medical and accident insurance coverage in Spain during the duration of the program.
- Local T&E office facilities with classroom space and local staff available during regular office hours in Spain (9am-2pm and 5pm-8pm)
- $95 application fee.
- Mandatory comprehensive insurance coverage: $20 per week ($75 for 4 weeks).
- Airfare for students and /or chaperone.
- Mandatory $125 refundable damage deposit to be collected from each student and returned to each individual student by T&E Philadelphia office upon completion of program if no damages are reported.
- Visa and or passport fees.
- Meals other than those indicated on itinerary.
- Personal expenses.
- Additional field trips that have not been specified.
- Usage and upgrades on provided mobile phones.
Register with Travel and Education at: ROSEMONT SPAIN PROGRAM
1. Take a short Language Placement Exam at Travel and Education after your application has been approved. This test will determine what level of Spanish you will take at Colegio Unamuno.
2. Begin shopping for airfare.
3. Need a passport: Click Here
5. Register on Rosemont College’s IWay for IMMER: SPAIN (SPA 0202 01 T S1) during Spring Pre-Registration.
6. For more information contact: Professor Tatiana Ripoll-Paez: firstname.lastname@example.org