All applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, preferably with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Application materials may be obtained from the Office of Admissions or online at www.rosemont.edu. Formal admission to the program is granted only after all admissions materials have been received and reviewed, and all standards have been met.
To apply to the MA in Publishing programs, the following must be completed:
- Application. Either in paper accompanied by a non-refundable $50 fee, or online where the fee will be waived
- Request that all previous undergraduate (and graduate) institutions send official transcripts to Rosemont
- Request three letters of recommendation, preferably from those who can address your academic and/or professional competencies
- For applicants whose native language is not English, official copies of TOEFL scores are required
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample. Those pursuing the design track, must submit a design sample and writing sample.
Statement of Purpose
Please submit an essay (750-1250 words) that addresses the following questions: What
brought you to this program? What are your educational purposes in attending this
program? What are your professional goals? An excellent statement of purpose demonstrates
your ability to present the narrative of your past, present, and future professional
life and how this program will be a part of that narrative. You are, in a sense, making
an argument and telling a story about why you and this program are a good fit for
each other as you continue to develop professionally.
A writing sample of at least 1250-2500 words. Suitable work includes anything that could be classified as professional nonfiction writing: papers, reports, published articles, instruction manuals, presentations, criticism, reviews, etc. For those pursuing the design track, a design sample must be submitted in addition to the writing sample. The design sample can be a website, ad-copy, graphics, illustrations, etc.--anything that could be classified as professional design work.
All written documents (writing sample, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation) must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org